Victoria Peak


Hello again!
Today we will meet our travel group for the first time. There are several groups from CCAI that have started out their journey here in Hong Kong. We are in group "906". There are eight families in our group and at least three different groups here in our hotel. We are all splitting up tomorrow and going off to several different areas in China to adopt our children.
Our agency has arranged for a tour of Hong Kong for all of us which will include a place we went to yesterday, Victoria Peak. "The Peak" as I have seen it called here is the most exclusive neighborhood in Hong Kong. We went up to the peak on a funicular tram, which is another one of the things here that remind me of San Francisco. They are very much like a cable car. The ascent at one point was 45 degrees! At the top, there was a wonderful view of the city! We went on a walk around the Victoria Peak trail. It was so green and lush with many signs about the plants and wildlife of Hong Kong. I made Paul stop and read each one!
We have to run! We miss you all!

5 Comments:
At 1:06 AM,
Samantha said…
Hi Mary and Paul!
I wish we had thought to get a pic of the two of us up at the Peak! You guys look so cute!
Today's tour was really fun. We had a nice nap and are looking forward to our adventures at the market tonight.
I am getting scared, too! :)
smooches,
Sam
At 8:34 AM,
Anonymous said…
Hey guys! After all your great photos and stories, we are seriously wondering why we didn't stow away in your suitcase. It looks like a wonderful trip so far, with the best to come. Thinking of you often!
At 11:31 AM,
Anonymous said…
Hello Mary and Paul,
I'm Dylan Kebow's Mom. We are all so excited about your baby girl, I can't imagine your anticipation, you must be going crazy ( I would be). My prayers and the very best of wishes go out to you and your little new family.I can't wait to see the photos you post of your meeting and first moments of being parents,I personally believe seeing your child for the first time is the most awe inspiring moment of anyones life, so . . . Yippee!!!! We miss you Paul! Love the Kebow family
At 12:47 PM,
Anonymous said…
Hi Mary and Paul,
It was so much fun reading your blog. I am glad that you are having a good time in Hong Kong and immersed in some chinese culture before meeting your daughter. Yes, Chinese burn incense in memory of our ancestors during almost all traditional holidays. By doing this, we feel a sense of connection that they are still watching and protecting us.
Joy is a very lucky girl. We are waiting for your big news.
Yinghong and Christopher
At 2:24 PM,
Unknown said…
Counting the moments along with you. I can't stop checking this blog for updates. Tomorrow will be the best day of your lives and we are so grateful to share it through such high-tech connections.
Vick-Y
Post a Comment
<< Home