Chongqing, Here We Come!


Today is our last day in Hong Kong. We both really loved it here and can see why it is such a popular destination.
Yesterday we hooked up with our adoption group and spent most of the day touring with them. One of the highlights was going to Stanley Market (a more traditional outdoor market) and a tour on a fishing boat called a Sampan.
In the evening we were on our own to explore and went to the Temple Street Night Market. We walked there, enjoying the lights, sounds (but not really the smells!) of the city. It felt like we were in some kind of movie set. They drive a hard bargain there. But, we didn't go too crazy. We did buy Joy her first official Chinese outfit!
We leave for Chongqing at 2 p.m. I am getting nervous, especially when I think that we will be parents in 24 hours from now!

13 Comments:
At 8:14 PM,
Anonymous said…
Mary and Paul,
I will be thinking of you as you experience what I hope will be a most wonderful day tomorrow! I am on pins and needles to hear all about it!
Big cyber hugs coming your way!
:)
Amy M.
At 8:14 PM,
Anonymous said…
Hi Mary and Paul!
Thank you again for the beautiful pictures and commentary. We are so privileged to share this moment in your lives. Thank you.
As I mentioned on Sam and David's blog, I wish I had something profound to say, but what is about to happen to you is profound enough. I wish you incredible joy and happiness tomorrow. I hope your day ends with that peaceful, peaceful, sleep Alicia and I experienced after our children were placed in our arms, and were sleeping soundly next to us in our hotel room. The rocky journey to parenthood finally ending in a most beautiful and calm way.
I posted a poem on Sam and David's blog which I will post on yours too: a little send-off sentiment that means a lot to our family. May your day be lovely as you become a family of three!
Love, Lisa G.
•The Chosen Heart
Longing for a child to love,
I'd wish upon the stars above.
In my heart I always knew,
A part of me was meant for you.
I think how happy we will be,
Once I adopt you,& you adopt me.
I dream of all the joy you'll bring,
Imagining even the littlest things.
The way it will feel to hold you tight
& tuck you in every night.
The drawings on the refrigerator door
& childhhod toys across the floor,
The favorite stories read again & again
& hours of fun with make believe friends.
The day you took my outstretched hand
A journey ended but our love began.
Still mesmerized by your sweet face
Still warmed inside by our first embrace.
I promised to give you a happy home
& a loving family all your own.
A house you've now made complete
with laughter, smiles & tiny feet.
A parent is one who guides the way
Know I will be there every day.
Rest easy as each night you sleep
A lifetime of love is yours to keep.
Longing for a child to love
I'd wish apon the stars above.
In my heart I always knew
A part of me belonged to you.
© Teri Harrison
At 11:24 PM,
Anonymous said…
Hi Mary and Paul,
I don't know how you can be not nervous, you have waited so long, and now you are going to meet your angel, things will happen like a beautiful dream.
Yinghong
At 8:25 AM,
Anonymous said…
You have been on our minds all day - can't wait to see the "family of tree" pictures.
At 8:26 AM,
Anonymous said…
um, that would be "family of three" - i'm obviously excited!
At 9:02 AM,
Anonymous said…
Oh Rupperts! We are so excited for you - and just to think, you will be with Joy-rific in less than 24 hours (and counting down).
Want to hear all about it. Be sure not to get the computer wet with tears of joy.
We are with you, hearts and soul.
--Andrew, Martha and Vince the Prince (and of course, our little Chinese ambassadors of clownliness, our pugs).
At 10:27 AM,
Anonymous said…
Hi Mr. and Mrs. Ruppert,
We have been thinking about you and miss you. We look at your site daily. Thank you for sharing your pictures and wonderful stories. You are going to be great parents! Joy is very lucky to have you as her parents. We can't wait to hear about your meeting with your daughter.
With love,
The Trees Family
At 11:51 AM,
Anonymous said…
That's so exciting that you're getting Joy so soon! Good Luck!
Love,
Dana
At 2:19 PM,
Anonymous said…
I am thinking of you waking up to the most important day of you lives. I agree with Lisa, we are very privileged to share this journey with you.
Enjoy your beautiful daughter!
Kandra
At 7:31 PM,
Anonymous said…
hey mary, dad and ben here. just read your most recent blog and are glad you're having a great time. thanks for calling saturday morning...i needed to get up anyway! :-) dad was hoping to hear from you today via phone. i'm sure you would have called if you could have. we all are very excited and happy now knowing you have finally taken joy helen into your and paul's arms! we hope you are enjoying this first day with joy...we're sure you are.
we can't wait to see the first family photos...post them as soon as you can. you have ten more days in china...so enjoy, joy!
love, ben, dad, deb, tay and zach.
At 8:35 PM,
Anonymous said…
Mary and Paul,
It's so exciting to read your blog and hear all about your adoption adventures.
I love the poem Lisa posted. We used part of it on our adoption announcement. I cry each time I read it because it really comes from the heart.
We're looking forward to hearing about your Family Day and seeing photos of Joy in your arms.
Lynette and Marc
At 9:04 PM,
Anonymous said…
CONGRATS!! thats so cool you're getting Joy soon. i think you guys are going to be awesome parents.
--Andrew B.
At 10:16 PM,
Unknown said…
My entire family is waiting on pins and needles. ( If my mom asks if it's "appropriate" to send you a gift one more time I'll explode.) I've checked this darn blog 10 times today. We can't wait to see you first moments. Mary and Paul you are so loved and supported- clearly by all these emails you've got posted. This is a true testament to the people you are and the parents you will be. I'm sure there will be many gifts waiting for you when you return. One from my mom, of couse. :) Blessings to you all.
Vick-Y
Post a Comment
<< Home