Copy Cat Blog





I am not sure what I plan to post about this time. I guess I think we are overdue with an update.
The comment I hear most often about Joy is, "Wow! She has really grown!" That is true. When I see how tall she was a year ago on the door frame, I can't believe it! She has grown at least five inches and gained about 12 pounds. She really is a little girl now.
Well, I loved Sam's idea of what is "In" with Jarrah. So, I think I will copy her post. (Thanks for the idea, Sam!)
Joy's Hit List:
"Joy Do Eeet!" Whenever there is a task that looks the least bit fun, Joy will insist that she "Do eet!" This includes, but is not limited to: Opening up her window shade, which knocks all the toys off of her shelf; Flushing the toilet; Mixing up her mac and cheese; Buckling herself into any kind of seat; Turning off her light at night; And, feeding the kitty.
"Hand Kissing" Well, this is my favorite new activity. When Joy meets a new person or is in a new situation, she grabs my hand (or Paul's, if I am not there) and gives it little kisses over and over. Maybe she is saying, "Don't leave me! I don't know these people!" Anyway, I love it!
"Unce A Time" She is taking after her mommy and starting to tell stories. She will "read" a book to you and start every page with "Unce A Time". Joy will even present the pages to me and Paul, like she is reading for a class. Her current favorite book is The Dinosaur Alphabet Book. She can't get enough of it. Too cute!
"Dancing Dress" Dresses have been popular for some time now, at least a few months. They continue to rank up there in importance. Joy will go through her closet and find the one she wants and run around saying "Dancing Dessss" until I put in on her. Her current fave is a Target number with a tutu bottom. Dancing itself remains super popular. For a video of Joy and Jarrah (and Paul) dancing, check out Sam's latest entry!
"Jarrah Story" At night, I will make up stories for Joy as she is winding down. I always start out, "Once upon a time..." and tell a short story about someone Joy knows. She LOVES the Jarrah stories. One might go something like this: Once upon a time, there was a little girl named Jarrah and she came to Joy's house. They played with some animals and ate a cookie. The End. Hopefully, I will be able to add more details as Joy's attention span grows.
"Making Someping Dis" I hope she continues with this one for a while. "Making someping Dis" is a very useful phrase. It can mean that she is mixing water in a bowl (a favorite activity), drawing, putting two odds and ends together or even smearing yogurt in her hair, like she did last night. Joy loves to make things and gets upset when she sees the picture of paints and crayons in her Dora book. She thinks she should be able to reach into the book and take them out! We do a fair amount of "making someping" at home, but the majority of it happens at school.
"Rachel" Rachel is an adorable seventh grader that we have known for quite some time. I had Rachel in kindergarten nine years ago! Rachel has babysat for us several times and Joy is completely smitten with her. My favorite "Rachel Story" happened a few weeks ago. When Joy woke up the morning after Rachel was here, her first words were, "Where Rachel?!!" And, then very common, "MORE Rachel!"
Happy Spring to you all!

3 Comments:
At 10:43 PM,
Samantha said…
It's an honor to be copy-catted. :)
I read this post with a huge smile on my face. My favorite is "Unce a time." I hadn't heard about that--I love it! :)
At 8:24 AM,
lk said…
She really is a little girl now! I love checking your blog and watching her grow, since I don't see you every day anymore. Thanks for linking to the video - I can die happy now that I've seen Paul dance the crazy robot to Christopher Cross!
-Lena
At 7:32 PM,
T. said…
Does Joy have a country drawl when she tell you the once upon a time stories? Is Rexie involved?
Ohh she does take after her Mommy!
Post a Comment
<< Home