Four is A Magic Number
Joy turned four this past November 6th! It seemed like her birthday kept on going and going. It started out with a visit to Joy's classroom to teach everyone how to make bracelets. That was Joy's idea and I was surprised to see little three
and four-year olds patiently putting beads on string. They were adorable! They were as good as my kindergartners.
Later that day, we enjoyed a dinner at Red Robin with mommy and daddy and a movie (High School Musical 3). Joy loved the fact that no one else was in the theater (no surprise!) and she could dance in the aisles.
The festivities continued on the Saturday after her birthday with a party at JW Tumbles, aka, "Jay-Dubya Tumblies," with many of her toddler pals. That place does a great job and I was so relieved to turn over the entertainment!
Then, on Sunday, we drove to Temecula and had a delicious brunch with my dad, brother and his family. I think we broke most of the birthday rules-about keeping it simple. Oh well! Joy seemed to enjoy it all and ended the weekend with spending her birthday cash from Grandpa on a princess Barbie!
I can't believe that Joy is four. People keep asking about when she will go to kindergarten. We are going to wait until she is five turning six, which would be 2010. I don't want to rush things and being greedy, I want her here another year. After all, I did not get year one. Perhaps when she is 17, I may feel different.
I stare at her now and can see her growing up little by little. At the same time, I am proud and sad. I am excited and scared. I am in the moment and then somewhere in the future. I wish I was better about staying present. The wonderful thing about children is that they are always in the moment and usually trying to find some joy in it.
Here is to four! I hope that Joy finds as much joy as possible this year, and that I am able to feel it alongside her.
Labels: Birthday

3 Comments:
At 8:58 AM,
Samantha said…
Aw, these are great photos, and make me sentimental, too. Can you believe we've been doing this less than three years? Feels like a century now. :) Mostly because of how much they've changed. Our job descriptions become different every day! :)
much love,
Auntie Sam
At 2:56 PM,
Anonymous said…
Great post and love the pictures, especially the one of the 3 of you.
xoxo
s
At 11:41 AM,
T. said…
Oh boy. Wait until she is negotiating her curfew.
Post a Comment
<< Home