
It is only 8:30 a.m. and Joy is already down for her first nap! With any luck I will finish this post and upload a few photos before she wakes up! Nap time is the only time that I seem to start and actually finish something.

I wonder if this is too early for a nap? But, she is a BUSY girl and is pretty much walking or playing from the time she is up until she sleeps.

We had a wonderful weekend and it seemed to last a long time. The best part about weekends right now is that Daddy is home. Joy is really bonding to Paul. She still will prefer me if she is upset. But, it is so cute to see her want to be held by her daddy.

On Saturday we had a lovely dinner at Grandma and Grandpa Ruppert's house with family and Joy received quite a bit of attention. She loves to meet new people and after a little while is comfortable enough to play peek-a-boo with them or even to be held. I can't say she actually enjoyed the dinner, though, as banging on the pots and pans was more fun!

The kitties are adjusting to having this new "kitty" around and appreciate the baby gate we put up between the bedroom door and hallway. Both the kitties and Joy can see each other. The kitties can get out and sometimes do, but as soon as those little feet head their way, they slip back under the gate. Our bedroom has now become the kitties room, office and generally a place to put anything that Joy has learned how to knock over. As soon as Joy is down for the night, Isabella and Ferdinand are out and about as if there is no baby here at all!
I am enjoying being at home with Joy and I must say that without a doubt, being a mom is wonderful and also the hardest job I have ever done. It beats a rainy day in kindergarten hands down. (I am sure you can imagine how tough that is!) I think being a teacher did help to prepare me for being a mom, especially where patience is concerned. I can't help but think about Joy being in kindergarten. I hope she can sit still by then!
Well, so much for finishing before her nap was over! It is now 11 p.m. and the day flew by with not much time to write. We had a nice day. We visited school, went to the pet store, had our TB tests at Kaiser and went to the park! What a day! Joy seemed to enjoy all of it, well except for the TB test. She did love the sticker!
3 Comments:
At 9:52 AM,
Anonymous said…
I LOVE the picture of her on the Little Tikes car holding Olivia! Joy is beautiful!
Love, Cheri
At 1:06 PM,
Anonymous said…
Yea! It looks and sounds like Joy is really loving the Good Life with her Mom and Dad. So glad to hear things are getting better for you guys. I'm here if you need me....always. Don't hesitate to call.
a
At 8:28 PM,
Anonymous said…
Looks like Joy is enjoying the good life in San Diego with her wonderful parents.
Let me know when I can stop by and see her.
Kandra
Post a Comment
<< Home