Jump for Joy!

Our journey to China to bring home our little one and beyond!

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The Mother of All Goose Eggs!


Well, it happened. The stumble, the fall, the bonk on the wall's edge, the goose egg, the ice pack, the crying (mostly from mom), the quick look in The Portable Peditrician (no idea here how to underline in Blogger) the frantic call to Kaiser, the visit to the doctor (very nice), more crying (this time from Joy) and finally home! Later that night it was trip for mommy to Babies R Us and a major purchase of this really cool foam that sticks to just about anything in the house. My goal today is have the entire place covered in it. I now know the difference between "Baby Proof" and "Toddler Proof" and can see why parents would turn to a professional to get the job done!

I really wish that someone had told me how accident prone toddlers are. They need to come with a warning label! Joy is walking very well, but still stubbles sometimes. And that is all it takes. I think that it would have been a little different had yesterday not been the first anniversary of my mom's passing. I started out the day a little melancholy and then the bonk kind of sent me over the edge. I am happy to say that a new day makes things seem all better. The only evidence of our mishap is the remainder of that egg! It is funny that eggs are one of Joy's favorite foods! I prefer to stay away from all kinds of eggs, myself!

1 Comments:

  • At 9:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Her bump was all but gone with just a small mark when she came to school! They all fall, and most of them not too often, thank goodness. All the foam covered facilities in her world won't prevent the occasional bump or bruise, so you do the best you can to child-proof her environment, which you've done, hope for the best, and be ready with hugs and ice packs as necessary. You're a great mom.
    Love, Cheri

     

Post a Comment

<< Home