Six Sweet Months

Today marks the sixth month anniversary of our "Family Day". Somedays it is hard for me to believe that we have been parents for half of a year. On other days, I feel like I have been a mommy all of my life. The Yin and the Yang of parenthood, I suppose.
We spent the day with our family, having breakfast with Uncle Jim, Aunt Marta, Benjamin, Alex and Daniel. Then we went on to have a very relaxing day at Grandma and Grandpa's which included a nice long nap and visit to the park at the "beps" as Joy calls it. She was rather upset that our visit to the beach did not include a swim. But, given her recent cough, we decided to wait a couple of days. The day was topped off with a delcious BBQ and more relatives for Joy to see. Needless to say, she promptly collapsed when we came home.
Joy really seems to love older kids and having three to spend the next two weeks with will most likely be her dream come true. She had many baseball tutorials from her cousins this weekend and was able to figure out how to rest the wiffleball on the little post so that she could knock it off. We love watching her learn all these things. Each day she keeps us entertained and amazed with how much she changes. I thought today about six months from now. I guess that will be here before we know it, too.

2 Comments:
At 5:35 PM,
Anonymous said…
What a beautiful photo of Joy on the slide! Love the hat.
Best, Gail
At 3:52 PM,
Fliss and Mike Adventures said…
The pictures of all the kids is so gorgeous... I have enjoyed looking at your blog... take care
Felicity
Post a Comment
<< Home