Ferdinand

Hello Dear Friends,
I just wanted to let everyone know that our sweet kitty Ferdinand has passed away. We just found out. He had a mast cell tumor in May of 2005. He had surgery and chemo, which went well.
We are grateful for the extra year and especially that Joy was able to meet him. She loved to rub his back and recently she began "boop"ing him on the nose.

He was perky and healthy and enjoyed every minute. He became sick again very suddenly, in just the past couple of days. We don't know for sure what happened.

I can't believe I am writing about this. I wish I could have been there to say good-bye. We went to the vet tonight to see him one last time.
I wish that cats could live as long as people. I will remember what Ferdinand taught me, to enjoy life.

9 Comments:
At 9:34 AM,
Anonymous said…
Please accept my heartfelt condolence. We just lost our loved Westie, Fergus, a few weeks ago. I most appreciated what a friend said: "The pain we feel when our pets die is the price we pay for the joy they brought us while they lived."
Best, Gail
At 1:28 PM,
Samantha said…
Dearest Mary,
What beautiful pics of the kitties. I am so happy that Ferdinand got to experience a lifetime with your love.
xoxoxo,
Sam
At 1:38 PM,
Anonymous said…
I'm so sorry, Mary. It was horrible when we had to put Asha down in October of 2004 but she brought us so much happiness while she was alive. Take the time to grieve but always remember the good stuff.
Love,
a
At 6:37 PM,
Unknown said…
Oh, Mrs. Roo, I can't believe it. I'm so, so very sorry. He was the luckiest kittie in the whole world because he got to be with you.
At 6:44 PM,
Type (little) a aka Michele said…
So sorry about Ferdinand. People without pets just don't get how deep of a loss this is. We have to put our cat down on Saturday. She also has cancer. Sending you good wishes from NJ.
At 7:23 PM,
Amy said…
Mary and Paul,
I am so very sorry to hear about Ferdinand. I have lost two pups over the years and each loss was very difficult. But as more time passes I have been able to relish the wonderful memories that they brought into my life.
You are right, it is a blessing that Joy was able to bond with your dear sweet kitty!
My thoughts are with you.
Big hugs,
:)
Amy
At 12:00 AM,
T. said…
Oh my gosh Mary, I am sooo sorry. Please try to remember what a huge influence Ferdinand had on so many YOUNG MINDS, thanks to your daily stories. He will be remembered and loved by MANY, ALWAYS!!!
At 2:28 PM,
Anonymous said…
What can I say except that I am so sorry. I know how hard it is. I hope that your memories of Ferdinand bring you peace.
Hugs,
Alicia
At 2:07 AM,
Anonymous said…
Dearest Mary, Paul and Joy,
My heartfelt sympathies on your loss. Ferdinand was a noble cat and was so lucky to have you as his humans who loved him so much. I know how much you loved your little fur baby.
I hope you remember the joy he brought you during this difficult time.
Post a Comment
<< Home