Jump for Joy!

Our journey to China to bring home our little one and beyond!

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Sugar...Ah...Honey, Honey!


Bright and early this morning, we met up with Sugie for some pancakes! It was such a fun time. Sugie is amazing with toddlers. She seems to have a "sixth sense" when it comes to kids. When we arrived at the Pancake House, Sugie was already there with a table (near the kitchen to keep Joy entertained), a highchair (which disappear quickly on Sunday mornings) and most importantly, a new "POCKETBOOK" with jingly quarters and a teeny purse with a pink poodle inside. I am pretty sure Joy thought she won the toddler lottery. She was quiet for a while, I guess she was just taking it it all in.

Sugie wanted to sit next to Joy and tended to her every need. Like a lot of toddler parents, I have forgotten what it feels like to finish a meal at a restaurant. There are always interuptions and samplings and redirections. But, today, I felt really spoiled while I ate my buckwheat pancakes and watched Joy from across the table. Sugie said that parents like to watch their children and she is right. Joy seemed so calm across the table. I was waiting for the "d-d-d-down, all DONE," but it never happened. Joy was having too much fun with Sugie and her chocolate chip pancakes and cheesy eggs. I think Sugie may be related to Mary Poppins.

After breakfast we all came home and met up with Ali and Luke. Joy was so excited to have an audience and even more people to dance with her to the Wiggles version of "Havenu Shalom Alechem." Ali and Sugie were kind enough to indulge her several times. It is her favorite song, bar none. She runs around the house saying "SHA-LA" all the time, and especially when she is wearing a "dancing skirt." We danced to it about five times, and she still wanted "more". She imitates the dancers on the T.V!

Here is hoping you all had as much fun as Joy did today.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 10:43 AM, Blogger Samantha said…

    Sounds like a blast! I want some pancakes now. ;)

    I'm glad Joy will be leading the hora at Jarrah's bat mitzvah. ;)

    xoxo
    S

     
  • At 7:21 PM, Blogger T. said…

    Sugie IS Mary Poppins!
    Oh yes she is!

    And Joy is so darn adorable!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home