Jump for Joy!

Our journey to China to bring home our little one and beyond!

Friday, October 20, 2006

Tell Me What I Say

I know I will forget all of this if I don't write it down. I have been warned by friends and parents to "Write ALL of the cute stuff down before it is lost!"

Well, unfortunately, cute stuff happens so much (and NOT so cute stuff) that I DO forget about it. I blame my forty-year old brain, my job and my mom, who had dementia.

Nevertheless, I feel compelled to write about what Joy can and cannot say.

Here is a list that Paul helped me compile:

beets/beps=beach
ni-ni=milk (ni-ni is milk in Mandarin)
mao-mao=kitty
mah!=more
mama=mama
baba=daddy
Jaa=Jarrah
Luu...k=Luke
beetee=blankie
bo/mo/no=NO
bo-bo=poo poo
chues=shoes
uhbye=bye
shrash and drash=trash
aba=Boobah
dubadubaduba=Dumbo
gawpkch=cup
ding=doorbell
bee-oon=balloon
beeeeee!= any bug
up=stairs
up=help
wooshie gushie=what I did today
glock=clock

And more that we can't remember!

5 Comments:

  • At 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is a great idea! 'Cause you will forget.

    Something else to consider, get a photo album with the whole pages that cover with a stick on clear sheet& keep samples of her drawings from now on.

    I second the great sunset photo - beautiful!

    Best, Gail

     
  • At 8:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I wish I had a blog when Laura was Joy's age, so I'd remember everything! Good job!

     
  • At 10:23 PM, Blogger Samantha said…

    How awesome! I am going to copy this idea! And I'm so honored Jarrah made the list! ;)

     
  • At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    This is such a fun age. I love listening to the little ones talk.
    Ava says "More pimps" for 'More shrimps".
    Good idea to write it down!

    Lynette

     
  • At 10:10 PM, Blogger T. said…

    Nee-how little Joy! Maybe Mommy and Daddy just need to learn Chinese. :-) Sounds like you are trying really hard to teach them!

    Did you know that 1 out of every 5 people in the world are Chinese? And 1 out of every 200 are from the town you were born in?

    You go girl! Teach the world!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home