Jump for Joy!

Our journey to China to bring home our little one and beyond!

Monday, November 06, 2006

Hapu Brrr


Dear Joy,

Happy Birthday!

Today you are two and we had such a fun and busy weekend celebrating!

When I asked you "How are you?" this morning, you answered, "Djoo", which of course means, "two". And, when your stuffed kitty asked your name, you answered, "Djooy".


Daddy and I are so lucky to have you in our lives. It was nine months ago today that you were given to us, screaming and crying in Chongqing. Thank heavens for the little terry cloth kitty that Sam gave to you. Nine months has changed so many things. We hardly remember what it was like to leave the house with just a purse or wallet.


I thought about your birth family tonight. I know that they are thinking of you. They would be so proud of you, too. I imagine them now in the Mountain City thinking Happy Birthday thoughts for you.

We had a wonderful time at your party and we are so lucky to have so many friends to celebrate with. Daddy and I always pictured having a birthday party in that park, even before we met you. It was a dream come true for us. We could not have asked for a better day.


Spending time at the Zoo today was also so much fun. Watching you and Jarrah and Anton makes me remember what it felt like to see things for the first time. I think my favorite part was the baby panda in the tree. You seemed to like the elephants the best. And even though they were hiding, Daddy liked the anteaters.


Happy Birthday (Hapu Brr) to you, sweet baby of mine.


Love,

Mommy

Labels:

8 Comments:

  • At 9:42 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    Oh well, shoot. Send me to bed in tears why don'tcha? Now I'm going to do sneak into her darkened room with my itty bitty booklight and kiss my sleeping girl all over her face.

    Mrs. Roo, this is the most beautiful post on any blog ever. Did you ever think it was possible to love this much?

     
  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger Samantha said…

    sniff. This is so beautiful. The pictures are just perfect. And so is Joy. And so are her mommy and daddy. Lucky, lucky family. :)

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Such a sweet post and such a sweet girl. Joy, we had a great time at your kitty party! And we can't wait until Ian is old enough for you to point out the zoo animals for him!

     
  • At 4:24 PM, Blogger Type (little) a aka Michele said…

    Happy Birthday Joy!

    I love the kitty cat earrings you're wearing, Mary.

     
  • At 4:56 PM, Blogger Amy said…

    Darn it Mary, you made me cry too. You are all so lucky to have each other! What an amazing trio you are!
    Love,
    Amy :)

     
  • At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hapu Brr to you all!

    What a poignant moment, and how luscious.

    Love the photo of Joy rolling in the grass - such a happy face! :)

    Best, Gail

     
  • At 11:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Happy birthday, sweet Joy. It was so nice of you to invite us to share your big day.

    We love you.

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Blogger T. said…

    Mary and Paul,

    You are makin me tear up... as an adoptee I can tell you that birthdays are a really big deal... I may have told you before but I had two. One for the day I was adopted (my special day) and one for my actual BIRTHday but I like the adoption day best. Also in case you didn't know this, we learned it in China, one in EVERY 5 people in the world are Chinese and amazingly one in every 20 people in the WORLD are from Chongqing!! Happy Birthday little Joy! Big Joy!

    XOXO Trish and Henry!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home